Please note -- when you click the 'next' button you MUST scroll down to the bottom of the page again and click 'submit', otherwise we will not receive your request
If you are on regular medication, you can obtain a repeat prescription:
- By leaving a written request at reception.
- If you are unable to attend the surgery, you can post your request, enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
- You can also order a repeat prescription using the online form below. Please note - the on line form is really only for REPEAT prescriptions. How do you know if something you have been given is on repeat? Well, the item will appear on the white tear off side of the prescription. If what you want is not on this slip, but a doctor has given it you in the past, you can try to order via our form BUT we cannot guarantee that the GP will give you another prescription - you may need to be seen.
Please do not telephone, as mistakes are likely to occur and it blocks the telephone line for urgent calls.
YOU CANNOT ORDER WARFARIN VIA THE INTERNET AS YOUR YELLOW BOOK MUST BE SEEN BY THE DOCTOR BEFORE ISSUING THE PRESCRIPTION.
Please allow 48 hours for repeat prescriptions. For example, if you order your prescription on a Friday evening at 7.00pm, then it will be ready for collection anytime from the following Wednesday morning.
Have you thought about using the electonic prescription service – this means once your prescription has been signed by the doctor it can be sent directly to your usual chemist – click here for more information.
We are often asked why we will only give one month’s worth of drugs on one prescription. Patients ask for two or three months to keep their prescription charges low. However, it is Solihull policy to only provide one month at each prescription. For more information on prescription charges and pre payment certificates visit NHS Choices at this link, but in summary:-
Prescriptions and other NHS Costs as from April 2017
- Single charge: £8.60
- 3 month PPC (no change): £29.10
- 2 month PPC (no change): £104.00
Wigs and fabric supports
- Surgical brassiere: £28.40
- Abdominal or spinal support: £42.95
- Stock modacrylic wig: £70.15
- Partial human hair wig: £185.80
- Full bespoke human hair wig: £271.70
- Band 1: £20.60
- Band 2: £56.30
- Band 3: £244.30
- Urgent: £20.60